RESOURCE PROVIDES VALUABLE TOOLS FOR YOUNG JOB SEEKERS. THE YOUTH OF THE RICHMOND REGION PLAY AN INTEGRAL ROLE IN DEVELOPING AND MAINTAINING THE ECONOMY OF THE REGION.
Resource’s Youth Council works to assist the young employees and employers who employ youth by:
- Ensuring that all youth become economically self-sufficient and possess the math, literacy, and numeracy skills necessary to be life long learners and increase their capabilities.
- Integrating and streamlining access to workforce development services for all youth.
- Converging community resources to minimize and eliminate barriers to youth workforce participation.
- Making work-based learning opportunities available for all youth year round; including after school, during school breaks, and during summer.
- Providing all youth the opportunity to remediate the skills needed to be viable workforce candidates.
- Establishing strong partnerships to leverage and expand resources.
For more information, please contact Resource’s Youth Council at (804) 226-1941.
Research on the youth workforce in the Capital Region
The Resource Youth Network has commissioned a study from Communitas Consulting, of how well the Capital Region is doing in creating the conditions required for all young people to succeed in the workforce and what the Region can do to increase the odds that youth will set and reach their education and career goals.. Find the reports below: